1. What Personally Identifiable Information is collected from you, how it is used and with whom it may be shared;
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your information; and
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Scope Of Policy
“Personally Identifiable Information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as:
• Your first and last name, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address
• Your company name and address (if applicable)
• Your credit card or other payment information
• Any account-preference information you provide us
• Your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
In order to use most parts of our Site, you must first complete a user registration form. During the registration process, you will be required to give certain Personally Identifiable Information (such as your name, email address and other contact information as listed above).
What We Do With Your Personally Identifiable Information
It is always up to you whether to disclose Personally Identifiable Information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any information, products, or services.
If you do provide Personally Identifiable Information to us, we will:
- Not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission - although unless you opt-out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as news about our services and products, modifications to our Terms and Conditions, scheduled maintenance and any other communication deemed relevant to the continuance of our services and use of our Site;
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- Not use or disclose the information except:
o as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of our users or others; this may include exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
When We May Use Or Disclose Your Personal Information
We may share user information with other users or partner companies when a user has requested a service, such as sending an inquiry for more information about a Bike. The information given will only be that which is necessary for the service or product requested.
We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties that help us provide our services or provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to authorize and process payments. Your Personally Identifiable Information may be maintained and processed by our third party service providers in the United States or in other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
We do not share Personally Identifiable Information about individual customers with advertisers. We may display online advertisements and we may share aggregated and non-identifying information about our users that we collect through the registration process or through online surveys and promotions with certain advertisers. In some instances, we use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements.
Law Enforcement and Special Cases
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about users upon a valid request by government or law officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, without limitation, subpoenas), to protect your property and rights, or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to stop activity that we consider illegal or unethical.
Other Information We Collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Site; research and development; customer and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
By default, users will receive invoices, any system updates and other notices. Users are able to opt out by using the unsubscribe link in any promotional email or as otherwise provided in the communication. Please note that users may not opt out of receiving important system notifications or emails about their accounts.
How We Protect Your Personally Identifiable Information
We employ well-established security measures to safeguard our systems and your Personally Identifiable Information. However, we cannot control all the users and activities on our Site and elsewhere, and therefore we cannot guarantee that such information will never be compromised.
Your Privacy Responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
• Not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
• To log out of your account when you are finished; and
• To take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your Personally Identifiable Information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. By using our Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume this risk.
Information Collected From Children
You must be at least 13 years old to use our Site and service(s). We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
U.S. Based Service
Our center of operation is in Boulder, Colorado USA. Your Personally Identifiable Information therefore is held in the United States and any transactions are processed in US Dollars on servers within the United States. As such, all information is held in accordance with US laws and procedures, which differ from those in other countries. By using our services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to these data policies.
Questions Or Comments?